Garlic Chia Crusted Tilapia
Here is a quick and easy fish recipe that will impress the whole family. You can choose to pan fry or bake this, it’s up to you. A great pairing with this fish would be a simple green salad and a simple quinoa pilaf.
- 1/2 cup chia seed
- 1/2 cup brown rice crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp course ground sea salt
- 1 tsp course ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- zest of one lemon
- 1 egg
- In a medium shallow bowl combine the; chia, rice crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon zest.
- In a small shallow bowl wish the egg, set aside.
- Make an assembly line with your bowl of egg first, crumb coating second and a large plate third.
- Dip each fillet into the egg hold above the egg bowl for a few seconds afterwards so the excess egg drips off, then press the filled into the crumbs on both sides making sure it is completely coated.
- Them place each fillet onto the plate.
- So at this point you can pan fry or bake the fillets, if baking put on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake @ 350 for 10 min r until golden brown on the outside and the flesh on the inside is flaky and opaque.
- If pan frying use 1 tbsp of grape seed oil and 1 tbsp of butter, heat to medium high in a large skillet, cook for 4-5 min on each side or until each fillet is golden brown on the outside and the flesh on the inside is flaky and opaque. Enjoy.