Quinoa, Garbanzo, and Spinach Salad with Smoked Paprika Dressing
- 1 ½ cups quinoa (9 to 10 ounces), rinsed and drained
- 4 cups (packed) baby spinach leaves
- 2 -15 to 16 ounce cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 ¾ cups English hothouse cucumbers, unpeeled and chopped in 1/3 inch cubes
- 1- 1 pint container multicolored baby heirloom tomatoes, halved (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
- 1 ½ cups coarsely crumbled feta cheese (about 7 ounces), divided
- 1/4 cup Sherry wine vinegar
- 2 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ cup olive oil
1. Place quinoa in large saucepan; add enough salted water to cover quinoa by 1 inch. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 16 minutes. Drain. Chill until cool.
2. In an extra-large bowl, combine spinach leaves, garbanzos, cubed cucumber, halved tomatoes, mint leaves, and half of feta cheese. Add cooled quinoa and toss gently to blend.
3. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and smoked paprika. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
4. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle remaining feta.