Spinach Grapefruit Salad
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 small pink grapefruit, peeled, pith removed, segmented, and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp walnut or almond pieces, chopped
1. Rinse, drain and dry baby spinach leaves; arrange on 4 salad plates. Arrange grapefruit pieces on top, followed by onion slivers and mushroom slices. Scatter raspberries and walnut pieces on top.
2. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of your favorite low fat, fat-free citrus or raspberry vinaigrette. You can also make your own dressing using 1 part good-quality olive oil to three parts orange, lemon or grapefruit juice. Place in a small screw-top jar and shake vigorously.
3. Serves 4 as an appetizer or lunch meal.