Homemade Pita Chips with Sweet Potato Garlic Spread, Goat Cheese, Pomegranate Seeds and Fresh Mint
This recipe would be perfect for entertaining just about anybody. Kids and adults will love these, they are vegetarian, jam packed with nutritious fruits and veggies and deliciously simple.
- 1 large pomegranate
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 pitas
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Peel, and cube potatoes and pot them on to boil, just like you would for mashed potatoes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, cut the pita chips into wedges, brush them with a little olive oil, place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet, or sheets. Crack a little salt & pepper over top and bake @ 350 for 10 min , or until golden brown and crispy.
- When potatoes are soft and tender,drain and mash with cinnamon, grated garlic , cream and butter. Set aside ans let them cool.
- Seed the pomegranate, I find the best way is in a large bowl of cold water, but your hands g a bit numb.
- spread a spoon full of the sweet potato over the pita chips, crumble goat cheese on top, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, and fresh chopped mint.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.